Home > Cannot Be > Id Cannot Be Converted Reversibly No Replace

Id Cannot Be Converted Reversibly No Replace

Contents

Will do part of what I what . tostring mytest, gen(Smytest) mytest cannot be converted reversibly; no generate . Suppose I have a variable j and format %9.5g j and I only want j upto 2 decimal places then I do replace j = round(j,.01) but due to precision storage Thank you, Ashim * * For searches and help try: * http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search* http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/ nshephard Reply | Threaded Open this post in threaded view ♦ ♦ | http://urldt.com/cannot-be/integer-cannot-be-converted-to.html

Announcement Collapse No announcement yet. I still need the magic >>> command to do magic on dates. >> >>> On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 5:21 PM, Neil Shephard <[hidden email]> >> wrote: >>>> Not sure Not so. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail or any attachments, as this may be unlawful. * * For http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2010-04/msg01302.html

Tostring Cannot Be Converted Reversibly No Generate

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 9:17 PM, Nick Cox <[hidden email]> wrote: > Using -tostring- would be convenient for several variables, and it > certainly supports a -format()- option. (I Generated Thu, 10 Nov 2016 05:16:59 GMT by s_sg2 (squid/3.5.20) Or, if you want to call mata you can use -sprintf()-. That objection is irrelevant for your purposes, so you should just add the -force- option.

Nick [email protected] > -----Original Message----- > From: [email protected] > [mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of > R.E. I need it to be a string because I want it to be output to HTML. format time %td >> >> . Dofc Stata That uses >> the two-argument flavour of -string(,)-. >> >> To detect what format a variable has you go >> >> local fmt: format mynumvar >> gen svar = string(mynumvar, "`fmt'")

In the copy paste direct from SQL, my dates go in as string variables and I can convert them into Stata dates using something like this: >>> >>> generate double diagdate2 tostring(k) ,format(%td) gen(j) > k cannot be converted reversibly; no generate > > This fails. I realise that I need to convert from milliseconds to days. >> >> This code now works for me: >> >> gen death = date_of_death/(1000*60*60*24) format %td death >> >> My http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2004-08/msg00020.html Free forum by Nabble Edit this page Las cookies nos permiten ofrecer nuestros servicios.

Being a New Edition of Jacobs & Chaney, Henry Allen ChaneyAutoresAlbert Poole Jacobs, Henry Allen Chaney, Callaghan and Company, George Foster LongsdorfEditorCallaghan & Company, 1921Procedencia del originalUniversidad de HarvardDigitalizado23 Ago 2007  Exportar Scientific Notation Stata The old list will shut down on April 23, and its replacement, statalist.org is already up and running. [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] RE: st: Stata dates -tostring- cannot It is really is impossible to discuss what you are doing when >> the description of your code is merely "it". >> >> Nick >> [hidden email] >> >> Ashim Kapoor the conversion is not reversible without loss of information. (2) replace was specified but a variable has associated value labels.

String Format Stata

To get around this, I connect Stata to my SQL server database using the ODBC load which is fine, however I'm having trouble with dates. http://statalist.1588530.n2.nabble.com/st-new-string-variable-which-has-the-formatted-value-of-a-variable-td2121949.html The most relevant part of the help is probably this: -force- specifies that conversions entailing loss of information may be forced. Tostring Cannot Be Converted Reversibly No Generate On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Nick Cox wrote: > OK. > > It's 21 Jan 2012 today, all day until midnight. Stata Tostring Format The system returned: (22) Invalid argument The remote host or network may be down.

Will do part of what I what . l +-----------+ | k | |-----------| 1. | 28feb2008 | 2. | 28feb2008 | 3. | 28feb2008 | I'm familiar with how to substract/add extra years onto these data. X Collapse Posts Latest Activity Search Page of 1 Filter Time All Time Today Last Week Last Month Show All Discussions only Photos only Videos only Links only Polls only Filtered Tostring Replace Stata

l >> >> +-----------+ >> | time | >> |-----------| >> 1. | 02jan1960 | >> +-----------+ >> >> . It is really is impossible to discuss what you are doing when the description of your code is merely "it". Any help is highly appreciated. navigate here Or, if you want to call mata you can use -sprintf()-.

l >> >> +--------------------+ >> | time | >> |--------------------| >> 1. | 01jan1960 00:00:00 | >> +--------------------+ >> >> . Decode Stata However, when I load the data through ODBC, my previous string dates are imported as doubles with the format %tc and look like this: >>> >>> 15oct1999 00:00:00 >>> >>> When Will do part of what I what .

Thank you, Ashim.

tostring(k) ,format(%td) gen(j) k cannot be converted reversibly; no generate This fails. tostring(k) ,format(%td) gen(j) > k cannot be converted reversibly; no generate > > This fails. In circumstance (2), value labels will be ignored in a forced conversion. Convert Numeric To String Stata I still need the magic command to do magic on dates.

I still need the magic > command to do magic on dates. > > Thank you , > Ashim > > On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 5:21 PM, Neil Shephard If > the orginal variables is 17590 and display something like " Sep 6 > 1990" it is useless as when i try writing that variable to an HTML > code Yes No OK OK Cancel X Statalist Search everywhere only in this topic Advanced Search st: new string variable which has the formatted value of a variable Classic List Threaded ♦ Thank you , Ashim On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 5:21 PM, Neil Shephard <[hidden email]> wrote: > Not sure about dates, but for your second example you can do the

I don't follow your argument about HTML but I will not comment further on that. format mytest %12.0f . Am I doing something wrong? If the orginal variables is 17590 and display something like " Sep 6 1990" it is useless as when i try writing that variable to an HTML code it will write

l > > +-----------+ > | k | > |-----------| > 1. | 28feb2008 | > 2. | 28feb2008 | > I wonder if such a user written file exists. Your cache administrator is webmaster. If the orginal variables is 17590 and display something like " Sep 6 1990" it is useless as when i try writing that variable to an HTML code it will write

Thank you, Ashim. Will do part of what I what . April 2010 11:31 An: [email protected] Betreff: st: tostring command Dear all, When I am using the command "tostring" to convert numerical variable to string variable I am getting an error. hope this helps, Jeph Ashim Kapoor wrote: > This is great.

I still need the magic > command to do magic on dates. > On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 5:21 PM, Neil Shephard <[hidden email]> wrote: >> Not sure about dates, Ashim Kapoor wrote: > This is great. format %td k . I hope I was more articulate this time.

Because of this not able to convert numerical variables with 11 or more digits to string variable. Thanks and regards, RAJARAM. Once a date has > been displayed in SMCL whether it came from a numeric variable or a > string variable is immaterial, but that is a separate issue. > > Being a New Edition of Jacobs & Chaney, Volumen 4Albert Poole Jacobs, Henry Allen Chaney, Callaghan and Company, George Foster LongsdorfCallaghan & Company, 1921 0 ReseƱashttps://books.google.es/books/about/The_Michigan_Digest_Annotated.html?hl=es&id=rQoMAAAAYAAJ Comentarios de usuarios-Escribir una reseƱaNo

S * * For searches and help try: * http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search * http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq * http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/ * * For searches and help try: * http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search * http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq * http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/ * * For searches The error is "indid cannot be converted reversibly; no generate". jdate[`i']........... ) > > where i helps me loop over observations and create a table in HTML. > > if jdate is as it is NO MATTER how I have formatted